Cron jobs too heavy for ordinary systems (system completely unusable for a while)

Oli Warner oli at thepcspy.com
Sun May 24 17:59:59 UTC 2009

> Well....xorg sounds kind of high, but if you're using Compiz...

Kind of high? Ouch. You have low expectations of xorg.

For example, I run a nvidia twinview setup. 3840*1200 px of screen estate.
With compiz and quite a few apps running. xorg uses 45 megs of RAM. I
restarted a few days ago so perhaps in a week it'll be up to 100, but
anything over 200 and I'd be deeply concerned.