mount more than one luks partition at boot

travis+ml-ubuntu-dev at subspacefield.org travis+ml-ubuntu-dev at subspacefield.org
Fri May 15 22:37:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

I regularly use LVM over encryption (via cryptsetup) as per the
alternate installer.

However, I have found that the boot process will only attempt to open
up the primary encrypted devices; if you have encrypted another drive
using the same technique, you have to mount it manually (and this
causes the mount -a to fail for that drive's /etc/fstab entry).

I used to be rather strong regarding the boot process and how it
works, but ever since things went to initrd, I've lost touch.

Can anyone tell me how to get an additional cryptsetup-encrypted
volume to be decrypted during the boot process, along with the primary
one which holds / and so on?
--
Obama Nation | My emails do not have attachments; it's a digital signature
that your mail program doesn't understand. | http://www.subpacefield.org/~travis/