Reason for removing animation from Gnome login?

Matt Wheeler m at funkyhat.org
Tue Mar 24 19:51:38 GMT 2009

2009/3/24 Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at gmail.com>:
> And the I/O problem comes from the hundreds/thousands of small files
> that are inefficiently read. The amount of transferred data is not
> that much that it would take more than 2-4s to read on modern even
> laptop hard drives, if the data would be sequentially available in a
> one big chunk.

So if gconf used sqlite or something similar rather than ~/.gconf/blah/blah/blah/%gconf.xml, that would improve login times a lot?
Sounds like that would be a good idea to me :-) (might not know what I'm talking about though, just sayin...)

[reposting to the list as I accidentally didn't to begin with, sorry Timo]

--
Matt Wheeler
m at funkyHat.org