Best practice for reporting bugs

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Wed Mar 25 23:44:13 UTC 2009

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>> That's going to be news to the average user, of which a noticeable number
>> are _still_ using the old bug tools to file a bug straight
>> to "ubuntu-users"
>
> We don't install those tools by default, while we do install apport.

I know, but there's still a significant number of people using releases
pre-Intrepid (or maybe hardy), which had reportbug, and we still see those
bug reports.  I know there isn't much to be done about that, but telling
everybody about - and how to use - apport will help.

> The missing piece is to get everyone telling
> each other about the right way to do it.

Absolutely - which is why I asked for a repost of your message that started
this thread.  Thanks for the info.
--
derek