FFe request: [fixed] nis recommends nscd...

Daniel J Blueman daniel.blueman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 23:53:16 UTC 2009

I've logged a  bug [1] against nis, which should recommend nscd, due
to the performance loss and overhead from many uncached lookups,
affecting mostly enterprise users of Ubuntu. Attached to the LP entry
is a debdiff with the additional control line and changelog update.

As this is a minimal and packaging-only change, I hope there is chance
to get it into the Jaunty beta; I've added FFe justification.

Let me know if anything else is missing.

Many thanks!
  Daniel

--- [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nis/+bug/345137
--