Replacing network-offline (old version 2xmonitor) with NM wlan 0% signal strength icon

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 10:20:28 UTC 2009

>> Throw general modem connection in a bowl, because it would be needed
>> for bluetooth
>
> Bluetooth has already got its own icon and connection manager. This need
> improving, too, but as a separate track.

I was talking about Bluebooth modems. Yes, there are even two
connection managers for managing bluez (gnome-bluetooth and
bluez-admin), but they just for general bluetooth connections.

Anyway, generic modem version would be a must. I know everyone[1] uses
3G today, but I still wait for N-M to do something amazing and provide
simple interface for serial/winmodems. It shouldn't be hard to do,
should it :)

Cheers,
Peter.