Replacing network-offline (old version 2xmonitor) with NM wlan 0% signal strength icon

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 21:01:23 UTC 2009

On Saturday 07 March 2009 11:15:29 am (``-_-ยดยด) -- BUGabundo wrote:
> > There was a significant problem with the old icon (2 monitors), it was
> > *totally* mysterious (what 2 monitors have to do with network
> > connection?) and we had many complaints.
>
> mysterious?? it works *very* well to me. are we starting another UM word
war? why do u guys feel the need to change what is *already* great?
> Complains? can you give us one LP bug please?

If you don't think of a monitor as being the entire computer (maybe they
should be iMacs?), 2 monitors connected could just be a KVM switch.

Also, that "network monitor" applet looks similar so it then it gets confusing
for new users.  They delete the notification area and nm-applet disappears.
Then they try to add it back with "network monitor applet" and can't figure out
why it doesn't show networks anymore.  I'm sure you've seen this in #ubuntu
before.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo