gparted, ubiquity and other packages left behind by karmic a2 installer

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 30 21:28:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:27:02AM -0400, Nathan Dorfman wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Colin Watson<cjwatson at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > (It's surprising that you apparently didn't see a dialog informing you
> > that the installer had crashed. It must have gone down pretty hard.)
>
> Yup. I had no idea that it crashed until you just told me :)

Interesting. That's a rather curious bug in itself.

> By the way, is it preferred, in general, that I ask on this list prior
> to reporting perceived bugs (in the dev branch)? Or, is it better to
> enter things as bugs and keep the noise off the list?

It's OK to ask here, but really, if you reckon something is a bug it's
best to cut out the middle man and just report it as a bug. Which of
them gets quicker attention depends a bit on the habits of the
developers involved, but if it's a bug then chances are somebody is
going to suggest that you file it anyway.