Provide a GUI option in the installer to enable popcon

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Thu Jun 25 11:55:29 UTC 2009

Il giorno gio, 25/06/2009 alle 13.40 +0200, Martin Soto ha scritto:

> I'm convinced that expert users are, by far, the hardest to migrate.
> Efforts like AppCenter will definitely help in this area, but we
> should
> think of making available a "Quick Migration Guide for Veteran Windows
> Users" as well.

This also applies to old-time unixers like e.g. the physicists
community. I've seen this many times. They install whatever distribution
and then start installing everything they need from sources :)

Perhaps an advice in the default firefox starting page would be good,
something like "Looking for packages on the web? Look in the
repositories first!" with a short explanation and a link to proper
documentation.

Vincenzo