Replace Tomboy with Gnote?

Aurélien Naldi aurelien.naldi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:03:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Mackenzie Morgan<macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 June 2009 10:37:15 am Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:
>> Il giorno dom, 21/06/2009 alle 19.17 -0400, Mackenzie Morgan ha scritto:
>> >
>> > Yeah uh...it isn't real LaTeX. Take the source you can view in LyX,
>> > save it,
>> > and run it through the "latex" command and watch it fail utterly.
>>
>> Could you provide an example file? I usually cut and paste tables from
>> lyx instead of doing them by hand. Where "usually" means for the 5-6
>> tables I have done in my whole life :)
>
> I don't use LyX myself.  Ran into this when my last roommate tried it.  I
> think the commands it used at the top were non-standard ones or something.

Isn't this getting too of-topic ?
As cool as lyx is, it is not written in mono and depends on a tex
system which makes it a bad candidate for the live-cd :/

BTW, .lyx files are not .tex files even if some parts are similar. Lyx
translates them into latex before doing anything else.
Thus lyx is needed to edit/compile .lyx files but they can be exported
into normal tex if you need to share them with non-lyx-users.

Best regards.

--
Aurélien Naldi