[Ubuntu-gaming] AMD/ATI vs NVIDIA vs Intel

Remco remco47 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 13:36:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Ryan Swart<serjndestroy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, Intel adopting Moblin might see them becoming a much stronger Linux
> partner, but then again, you never know what clandestine things are going on
> in the background dealings (although moblin looks really cool now, so
> personally I'm glad about Intel's involvement).

And I think Intel is heavily involved with the Xorg project. Aren't a
couple of Intel guys leading the project now?

> Nvidia drivers have never given me trouble under Linux, although it is a
> shame that they are closed.. I'm a bit too scared to try the Niveau ones,
> and I don't really know how development is going on them..

If you want to try the Nouveau drivers, you should install Fedora 11
on a USB stick and add nouveau.modeset=1 to GRUB. That's a really easy
way to test it, without messing up your Ubuntu install.

Remco