shameful censoring of mono opposition

Remco remco47 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 18:48:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Derek Broughton<derek at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> Remco wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Mackenzie Morgan<macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Perhaps I misunderstand why the term "application framework" is any
>>> better than a pile of libraries and languages that work together, but I
>>> think it'd be extremely difficult for Microsoft to try to argue that .NET
>>> is older than GTK+, Qt, C, C++, and Python.
>>
>> We're still being a Microsoft technology user, which is what Mark
>> Shuttleworth didn't want, and is the reason why Wine is not included
>> in Ubuntu.
>
> It's not?  When did that happen?
>
> $ apt-cache policy wine
> wine:
>  Installed: (none)
>  Candidate: 1.0.1-0ubuntu6
>  Version table:
>     1.0.1-0ubuntu6 0
>        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/universe Packages
> --
> derek

Oh, so now Ubuntu also comes with Windows Media, H.264 and DivX? You
can find those in the repositories as well. Maybe we should call
MPEG-LA that there is big patent infringement going on here...

Of course not. The repositories are not part of the default install,
and should not be treated as such.

Remco