Ubuntu Desktop Unit Consistency (LP: #369525)

Remco remco47 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:56:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Chan Chung Hang Christopher
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> Anyway, I will join you chums in kowtowing to the users and unheard of
> standards...once this across the board. How nice it would be to scp a
> file over and get a different size report. Get this into POSIX or
> something or be the oddball.

That's a reasonable argument against following the international
standard. This can be worked around by not changing commandline tools
(since they already have --si options), and having GUI tools that work
with remote filesystems do conversions for us. It's also not
unreasonable to have two size columns in Nautilus. We already have two
permissions columns and two type columns.

Remco