Standing in the street trying to hear yourself think

Andrew Sayers andrew-ubuntu-devel at pileofstuff.org
Fri Jul 3 18:47:37 UTC 2009

Evan wrote:
> Launchpad is for bug reporting and tracking, beyond that I have no idea
> where the actual division of responsibilities lies. Perhaps clarifying
> that (ex: Wiki is for Howtos only, forums are only for ...) and then
> providing a meta-support page for each topic would help. So somebody
> looking for help from Ubuntu gets directed to support.ubuntu.com/Audio
> <http://support.ubuntu.com/Audio>. This would have links such as:
>
> I want to know how to do something (wiki)
> I want to report a bug on the topic (lp)
> I think I have a bug but I'm not sure (lp answers?)
> I have a question or suggestion concerning the future of the topic
> (devel-discuss)
> None of the above (#ubuntu-signpost)

I'm coming to a similar conclusion from the opposite direction.  A quick
chat in #ubuntu-signpost lead me to start writing this:

	https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Signpost

Hopefully people will go to the wiki signpost first, and
#ubuntu-signpost if they fall off the bottom of the flowchart.  If that
happens, we can update the signpost with answers from every individual
question.

It'll probably take me a few days to add all the signage I can think of,
and it would be great if you could add signs to resources you know about.

	- Andrew