Doing something about signal:noise complaints

Morten Kjeldgaard mok at bioxray.au.dk
Thu Jan 22 14:28:16 UTC 2009

Andrew Sayers wrote:

> Ubuntu developers tend to complain about the ratio of signal to noise on
> this list - that is, the percentage of posts that take up their time
> without helping them to improve Ubuntu.  Many developers have apparently
> unsubscribed from the list for that reason.  Grumbling developers are
> never a good thing for a project, so I'd like to see what can be done
> about it.

So, what have we here? A bunch of people who don't read the list
complaining over the S/N ratio?

I read the list and have no problems with it. There are 0-10 postings a
day and most have an interesting/relevant content. I can handle that.

Developers have to take care not to develop into primadonnas.

Cheers,
Morten