QuitAppletPlus is ready for your feedback!

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Thu Jan 22 08:35:58 UTC 2009

Am 21.01.2009 um 22:23 schrieb Roman Friesen:

>>> Likewise, although our design guys might have an explicit reason for
>>> not having an extra confirmation dialog by default?
>>
>> If I remember correctly (but I may be wrong), there were plans to let
>> the fast-user-switch-applet show the same dialogue as the options in
>> the System menu, but that couldn't be finished on time for Intrepid.
> Oh, please no...
>
> It's not common to place buttons such as in this dialogs, it's only a
> single place with such layout I know in Gnome... I think it's a a hard
> break of the usability.

Apple Mac OS X has such confirmation dialogs as well, but only for
actions which have potential data loss (log out, power off) and with
an expiration timer of 120 seconds. On expiration, the requested
action is taken, so you can select shut down and walk away to find
your Mac turned off later. That's all Mac OS X 10.4, I don't know
about 10.5.

Confirmation of potential data loss is a good idea, IMHO. Offering a
selection dialog after the user has (pre-)selected his choice in the
menu, isn't.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/