QuitAppletPlus is ready for your feedback!

Roman Friesen ubuntu at frolo.de
Wed Jan 21 21:23:50 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 21.01.2009, 13:50 +0100 schrieb Siegfried-Angel:
> 2009/1/21 Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com>:
> >> - protection against accidentally choosing wrong actions without "Are
> >> you sure?"-confirmations
> >
> > Likewise, although our design guys might have an explicit reason for
> > not having an extra confirmation dialog by default?
>
> If I remember correctly (but I may be wrong), there were plans to let
> the fast-user-switch-applet show the same dialogue as the options in
> the System menu, but that couldn't be finished on time for Intrepid.
Oh, please no...

It's not common to place buttons such as in this dialogs, it's only a
single place with such layout I know in Gnome... I think it's a a hard
break of the usability.
GNOME Human Interface Guidelines / Make Your Application Consistent:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/principles-consistency.html.en

Roman