xSane

Andrew rugby471 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 6 18:41:54 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

Before I begin, forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this (and if it is, could you point me
in the right direction :-] ).

Right, the xSane icon in the Ubutnu menus has been sitting there for who knows how long, and all
this time it has been using an outdated looking, ugly icon (no offence to anyone), to see what I
mean, go here:

Various forum posts have been made about it, as well as a bug report (which now reaches it's one
year old birthday!), however nothing has been done about it, even though a working patch is already
available. All the patch does is change the .desktop file for xsane, to use the generic icon for a
scanner, something so simple but makes such a difference

What I am asking is if someone can package xSane with the patch applied for at most jaunty, if not
an intrepid/hardy update; if I see another release go by, and another LiveCD packaged with the
ugly icon included, I will start crying :-(

If anyone is willing to do this, the working patch is available, attached to this bug report -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xsane/+bug/129687

Thanks

--
Andrew