Problem installing Adobe Flash Player

Bud Roth junk at taiotoshi.org
Thu Feb 26 15:09:16 UTC 2009

Your snapshot shows that you have an AMD 64-bit CPU.  I believe you have
two choices:

1.  Download and install the 64-bit flash player.  There is a beta
GNU/Linux 64-bit flash player available on Adobe's site.  Google for it
and instructions.  I've tried it and not gotten great results.

2.  Install the the version available thru Synaptic (the official Ubuntu
distro version).  This version is 32-bit too, but it automatically
installs the necessary compatibility library to make it work with your
64-bit CPU.

Off the top of my head, I believe that one of those will work for
you...Good luck.

Regards,

Bud