Installation fails: how to know why? + Audio and video card problems in jaunty

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Wed Feb 18 19:24:09 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I tried today to install jaunty alpha 4 booting from an usb stick. It
starts installation then goes back to partitioning. This may be related
to the attempt of formatting an ex-ext3 partition in ext4. How to know
what went wrong? Is there an ubiquity log?

Another question is about audio on an intel video card... the gnome
startup sound is very noisy, may this be related to pulseaudio? Is this
a known problem?

An even worse problem is with the video card (i955): Xorg is *extremely*
slow, with or without compiz. This appeared also in the very first
alpha, but I thought it was due to some in-progress migration and forgot
about it. Then I had no time to test anymore. Is this known? Are there
workarounds?

Thanks to all

Vincenzo