Reasons Why Jaunty Will Not Ship With 2.6.29

Dan Chen crimsunkg at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 21:16:16 UTC 2009

2.6.29 brings a newer alsa-kernel bump with a corresponding requisite userspace alsa-lib bump, which is not quite wise given testing time constraints.

The above example is but one thing to consider. While you are always Free to use your own kernel, if you do, you should be cognizant of the potential ripple in userspace requirements.