Ubuntu and language packs

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 20:47:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 20:57 +0100, Surfaz Gemon Meme wrote:
> If they know English, do not need English support of Ubuntu.
> If they do not know English, I do not think the English support of
> Ubuntu could change something.

There are different values of "know."  They might know enough English to
file a bug saying "Firefox crashed" but then the logs they post will be
in, for example, Croatian.  Most triagers don't speak Croatian, so we
can't read the logs.  And the reporter might not know enough English to
translate all of the tech jargon in the logs, besides the amount of time
it'd take.  At least the icons on the buttons can help when they use an
English version to gather English logs.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo