Thoughts for assisting those with limited bandwidth

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:29:00 UTC 2009

Hi Markus,

> > Do they need to install -0ubuntu2 and THEN -0ubuntu3?
>
> I don't know how Fedora does, but you always have the fallback option
> to download the full package. The server always has to provide full
> packages to allow new installations.

It would be logical for a from-version property to be included in the
system. If there is a version from x to y and a version from y to z. and
is is installed, then install x>y and then y>z. Alternitivly, if there
is a package x to z. Just one update.

All these things are being talked about in the debian binary diff
packages discussions.

Regards, Martin Owens