apt-get update problem

arshad arshad3m at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 11:58:32 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-26 at 10:01 +0000, Mohammed Bassit wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-12-25 at 22:22 +0530, arshad wrote:
> > hi all,
> > not sure whether this is the right place to ask.
> > but asking in other places didn't help me much or at all.
> > my apt-get update is not working.
> > here is the output:
> >
> > $ sudo apt-get update
> > [sudo] password for arshad:
> > Hit http://ubuntu.fastbull.org jaunty
> > Release.gpg
> > Ign http://ubuntu.fastbull.org jaunty/main
> > Translation-en_US
> > Ign http://ubuntu.fastbull.org jaunty/restricted Translation-en_US
> > Ign http://ubuntu.fastbull.org jaunty/universe Translation-en_US
>
> Well nothing seem to be wrong with your output, can you be more specific
> on what's not working ? Maybe you problem is with the fastbull server
> you're using, try switching to the ubuntu main server or the server for
> the US

i mean isn't all connections should get 'Hit'? why some are 'Ign'?
i already had problem  with the main server. and thereafter changed to
several other servers and still had the problem. but suddenly it has
started to work a bit now. not sure whether this is fully ok or i have
to do some thing else as well...
thank you very much for your time :)