Introduction to Ubuntu Distributed Development

Adrian Perez adrianperez.deb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 13:58:32 UTC 2009

I would like to have several DVCS for ubuntu development as we do in
debian. We all have personal preference, and there's a main principle
which says "working as a team, try to not make people fight their own
tools", which for me means fighting against Git, and for other devs
fighting against hg, monotone, etc.
Also, I'm not blind to the advantage of centralizing stuff and making
working on random packages easier because you're always using Bazaar (or
whatever the VCS will eventually be).
So, I might propose to have a voting on which VCS system we will use for
our centralized approach, (if that hasn't happened already).

--
Best Regards,

Adrian Perez <adrianperez-deb at ubuntu.com>
Ubuntu Developer

GPG Key ID: 8A9A3084
GPG Key Fingerprint: 99E8 E74E 7B4F 93AE F32A  5523 9973 0D5C 8A9A 3084