consider dovecot upgrade

DULMANDAKH Sukhbaatar dulmandakh at
Wed Dec 9 14:37:52 UTC 2009

Same folder structure worked and still works for me since hardy.

On Dec 9, 2009 10:18 PM, "Jim McFarland" <jimmcfarland at>

Dear Sirs:
As you probably already know, Dovecot is crippled. It can't handle
the "dot" in a full url name when this format is used in a directory name
on the server. Postfix will deliver mail to a Maildir in to a directory
named like "" but Dovecot cannot handle this format.
example= "/var/vmail/" cannot be seen by Dovecot but it can see "/var/vmail/jim/Maildir".

According to the Dovecot author, this problem has been resolved in Dovecot
For this reason I would encourage you to make DoveCot 1.2.xx or better the
Ubuntu distribution flavor.

Ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing list
Ubuntu-devel-discuss at
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: