gthumb vs fspot

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 11:39:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Markus Hitter <mah at jump-ing.de> wrote:

> Am 21.11.2009 um 13:02 schrieb Dave Morley:
>
>> Gthumb and fspot both have similar tool set for editing:
>> [...]
>> it's only 2 big advantages I see are uploading to online galleries
>> and timeline view.
>
> Is it just me or doesn't do the F-Spot shipped with Karmic editing at
> all? Timeline view? No such thing here.
>
> I'm aware the F-Spot web site mentions photo editing, but looking at
> the actually installed application, it's a very rudimentary photo
> viewer which doesn't allow for anything but looking at the pixels and
> at the metadata.

Which version of Ubuntu are you using? On my jaunty installation I see
'Edit' button in the top toolbar. When I click it the sidebar changes
to show buttons 'Crop', 'Red eye reduction', 'Desaturate', 'Sepia
tine', 'Straighten', 'Soft focus', 'Auto color', 'Adjust colors'.

I also see timeline just above a photo in 'Browse' mode and IIRC the
timeline has been there since Hardy.

Onkar