Build issue with why and libfloat-coq

David MENTRE dmentre at linux-france.org
Tue Aug 18 08:18:56 UTC 2009

Hello,

For transition to OCaml 3.11.1 in Ubuntu Karmic, the only remaining
package having an issue is "why". It fails to build because its
dependency "libfloat-coq" is not installable:
"""
  libfloat-coq: Depends: coq-8.2-1+3.11.0 but it is not installable
"""
  http://launchpadlibrarian.net/30368068/buildlog_ubuntu-karmic-amd64.why_2.18.dfsg-5_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz

The current "coq-float" source package in Karmic is 1:8.2-1.2-3:
 https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/coq-float/1:8.2-1.2-3

The current "coq" source package in Karmic is 8.2.pl1+dfsg-2:
 https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/coq/8.2.pl1+dfsg-2

I'm not quite sure of the blocking point. Is it "coq"? "coq-float"? A
synchronization is needed or just a re-compilation? I would appreciate
any help.

Yours,
d.