Ubuntu Gaming Team

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 27 10:34:22 UTC 2009

Danny Piccirillo <danny.piccirillo at ubuntu.com> writes:

> It's already a problem? Really? The problem i think you're trying to say is
> simply confusing the packaging team with this team. Firstly, i don't see how
> people would be so confused.

Let's see. There is already a well known, established team in debian
called the "Debian Games Team". It actually cares for Games in both
debian *and* ubuntu.

Now a new team is created named "Ubuntu Gameing Team" that doesn't claim
to work on actually packaging games.

Is it really so hard to see the confusion here? An outsider (including
members of the first team) will almost certainly assume a competition
between the two teams. AFAIUI you don't seek competition. Moreover, I
feel that competition is actually harmful here.

I fully agree to Scott, the name of the team is very unfortunate.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4