replacing xsane by gnome-scan

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 11:49:44 UTC 2009

Yes, it is right time to replace xsane with gnome-scan and get some
order in Scanning business on Ubuntu/Gnome. As far as I know, Étienne
Bersac has started work on 0.7 which was/is planned to become part of
GNOME 2.28. However, it should be asked to him if could achieve
stability before 9.10 feature freeze. He propably would like to have
some help too.

Cheers,
Peter.