Looking at Package Management for Karmic or Karmic+1

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 22:07:35 UTC 2009

Remco escreveu:
> Are there any problems with enabling automatic updates by default?
> Most users don't care about updates to the point that they never
> install them. And even if they would open the update manager, they

Which is precisely why security should be *enforced* by the system.

> The way Microsoft does it, is that it asks (enabled by default) to
> install updates on shutdown. I don't know how that would be better
> than completely automatic updates.

So, are you actually suggesting Ubuntu follows the way behind the *most*
insecure OS in town?

Don't even get me started on how broken Microsoft is about security.
Ubuntu should definitely *not* follow *their* way of doing things,
security-wise.

regards
FF