Looking at Package Management for Karmic or Karmic+1

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 01:02:41 UTC 2009

Evan escreveu:
> While apt, synaptic, update-manager, and gnome-app-install all do
> decent jobs of providing front-ends for package management, there are
> a few issues and common feature requests which bear taking a look at.
> This is a strawman, so feel free to rip it apart as necessary.

I miss the ability to check out changelogs from installed packages in
synaptic. It would be useful to see it while offline, or for packages
not in ubuntu (e.g., packages from medibuntu). The way it works now,
it's mainly intended to check for what's changed before the user
upgrades the package, since you have to download it each time, even if
there's no newer pacakge.

regards
FF