crash in bluetooth-properties

Eric Anopolsky erpo41 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 03:21:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 10:53 +0800, Onno Benschop wrote:
> On 28/09/08 08:19, Eric Anopolsky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm getting a crash in an application installed by a package with this
> > email address listed as the maintainer, so here's my bug report.
> >
> > Using the bluetooth radio built into my laptop, pairing my mouse happens
> > without any issues. When I try to pair my keyboard, here's what happens
> > leading up to bluetooth-properties crashing.
> >
> This sounds like an issue I saw last month where the pass-phrase request
> times out - so if you type fast during pairing, it all works.

Typing quickly didn't make a difference. There is a delay of many
seconds between attempting to connect to the keyboard and the popup
appearing offering the option to type in a passphrase. Here's some new
information.

If I type in the password on the integrated keyboard and hit enter
BEFORE I type in the password on the bluetooth keyboard and hit enter,
then I see a popup balloon indicating that a bonding was created between
the keyboard and the computer. "Microsoft Keyboard" appears in the list
of input devices on the Services tab. On the tab that says myhostname-0,
I see "Microsoft Keyboard" in the list of bonded devices. On the far
right, I see a key icon indicating a bonding and a yellow star
indicating that it's a trusted device.

However, the plug icon indicating a connection is missing. If I press
buttons on the keyboard then the plug icon appears indicating a
connection, but no keypresses get through to the computer. After a few
seconds, the plug icon disappears again.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Eric