OCaml support on Ubuntu & Proposal to improve it

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Sun Sep 28 08:42:25 UTC 2008

Il giorno dom, 28/09/2008 alle 11.10 +1000, Christopher James Halse
Rogers ha scritto:

> This sounds like it could be easily fixed by a set of no-change binary
> rebuilds, something that would almost certainly be acceptable at this
> (and almost any) stage of development.
>
> [...snip..]
>
> > Perhaps the right thing to do is to invent a
> > way to build dependencies in order on build servers?
> >
> I may be missing some of the subtleties here, but why can't this be
> handled right now using versioned build-depends?

Because you can recompile the same "version" of an ancestor, with a
minor change, and then you need a way to know that you have to rebuild
all your children and so on. In any case this is most likely fixed by a
set of no-change rebuilds. David: do you think so? If this is the case
you might be in time for intrepid (and, as an OCaml developer and ubuntu
user, thanks for offering to do this dirty work).

Vincenzo