Rejecting the Firefox EULA in Ubuntu

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.us
Wed Sep 17 13:22:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 14:14 +0100, Sean Hodges wrote:
> It seems no'one has looked into this yet, so I will have a look this
> weekend.

There has recently been an announcement from Mozilla that they're going
to fix this.  See, for example, the coverage in Groklaw (even if you
don't like Groklaw they do have links to blog postings etc.)

The discussion about whether we want to keep FireFox with the attendant
risk of "brush fires" such as this one should continue, but I don't
think we need to rush out and adopt Iceweasel or whatever before
Intrepid ships (assuming Mozilla actually does what they say they're
going to do: fix the problem).