.recently-used : provide a way to disable the logging

Lars Wirzenius lars at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 15 09:18:12 UTC 2008

ma, 2008-09-15 kello 11:05 +0200, Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk kirjoitti:
> 2008/9/13 (R)om <rom1v at yahoo.fr>:
>
> > Every action taken is logged in ~/.recently-used and ~/.recently-used.xbel.
> > It should be fine to provide a way to disable this (useless?) logging.
>
> It's definitely not useless: the documents are seen in Places → Recent
> Documents (and the list can be manually cleared from there).

That's certainly useful -- for some people. For a lot of us, the list is
too short to be useful: the file I want has usually already dropped off
the list, even if it's a file I use several times a day. As a result, I
have stopped using the list and instead go directly to the file I want.

I'd like to be able to change the length of the Recent Files list. (I'd
change the length to zero.)