turnkey linux website link (Re: TurnKey Linux: new project builds Ubuntu based Live CD appliances)

S'orlok Reaves sorlok_reaves at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 02:31:42 UTC 2008

Interesting stuff --I like the "Live CD with ____"
approach to distribution.

I am wondering... why do you call them "appliances".
For the longest time, I thought Turnkey Linux was
meant to install Linux on your toaster, microwave,
etc. Why not "backend", "application", "framework", or
something like that? Is "appliance" a buzzword in the
open source community that I'm unaware of?

-->Seth