Boot-time improvements

(=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Thu Sep 11 08:00:48 UTC 2008

Olá Morten e a todos.

On Thursday 11 September 2008 00:19:34 Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> Is booting really relevant these days?  Not for me. At work, the
> servers and desktops run weeks and months without a reboot. My
> personal laptop, an old Apple Powerbook, boots perhaps once a month.
> It just sleeps when I close it and wake up right away when I open it.

Up until kernel 2.6.27 I had no trouble hibernating or suspending my laptop. Its took about halt the time to resume, compared to clean boot, but hibernation took about 2 or 3 times longer then shutdown.

Now when I try to hibernate or suspend, I just get a balloon telling me that the network was disconnected, and everything else remains the same.

Currently, I have no other option then do clean boots.

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net