Boot-time improvements

(=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Wed Sep 10 10:05:40 UTC 2008

Olá Jonathan e a todos.

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 19:31:33 Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
> It seems that with the current process, it's close to as fast as it can
> be at the moment. Readahead avoids unnecessary disk seeks. Upstart gets
> the services started in an optimal (well, let's assume so for now) way
> so that the right services start at the right time.

Have you missed my email a few weeks ago?
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2008-August/005364.html

Readahead makes my system much slower
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/readahead/+bug/262311/

And here you have several of my bootcharts
http://fileland.bugabundo.net/Linux/bootchart/

My last boot took 40 to get to GDM (and I have autologin) and my dmesg ends at [   17.601963] ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net