Intrepid compatibility with C3 CPUs #5212

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 1 07:58:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 08:18:18AM +0100, Sam Tygier wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> >On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 01:49:27AM -0400, M G wrote:
> >>Subject: Intrepid compatibility with C3 CPUs #5212
> >
> >Are you referring to a particular bug here?
> >https://launchpad.net/bugs/5212 is something quite different.
>
> MG's message got detached from the start of the thread. if you do a title
> search for C3 through the devel-discuss you will fine the start, from me on
> 20080818
>
> the bug is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/254453

Thanks. I've updated the bug to note that it should be fixed in 2.6.27
and to ask for feedback.

This bug report also clarifies that "please use a kernel appropriate for
your CPU" is in fact an error message produced by the kernel and not (as
I thought) a message produced by the installer, so please disregard my
previous request to file a bug on base-installer with /proc/cpuinfo
attached.