Ubuntu 8.10 released

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 30 16:21:19 UTC 2008

Congratulations to everyone on the release of the Ibex!

There are a number of highlights that everyone is talking about but for
me the real highlight is the way our community continues to grow. It's
wonderful to see so many people from so many disciplines across so many
different communications mediums collaborate to make something like 8.10
possible. I've noticed a real shift in the way people take
responsibility for their part of the project - from the
community-contributed themes to the regional membership boards to the
expanding set of LoCo teams... thank you both to the leaders of those
teams and the members who have pulled together so well.

It would take a lifetime to visit all the LoCo teams and other groups
that play a role in bringing Ubuntu to fruition, but it would be a fun
life indeed!

Mark