Midnight Commander in 8.10

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed Oct 29 13:41:45 UTC 2008

On 2008/10/29 14:23 (GMT+0100) Markus Hitter composed:

> Am 29.10.2008 um 14:10 schrieb Felix Miata:

>> This isn't the first time here mc has been deemed dispensible.

> This doesn't surprise me, as mc is a (intentionally old-fashioned)
> file manager an Nautilus covers this functionality already. One

What Nautilus covers isn't of much relevance to Kubuntu users, or users with
broken X, and certainly little to none to mc-dependent users.

> possible way of dealing with the situation is to add a Ubuntu
> derivate, composed for DOS fans.

MC isn't about DOS, nor about old-fashioned. It's about efficiently
performing the panoply of tasks in the OFM repertoire.

http://www.softpanorama.org/OFM/index.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_file_manager#Orthodox_file_managers

MC needs to be on every live Linux CD.
--
"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and
slow to become angry."		James 1:19 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/