Midnight Commander in 8.10

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed Oct 29 13:10:09 UTC 2008

On 2008/10/29 08:51 (GMT-0400) Scott Kitterman composed:

> On Wednesday 29 October 2008 08:36, Felix Miata wrote:

>> ...users who install only to find broken X and/or networking
>> Leaving mc off the CD is like equipping a new car
>> with the usual spare tire, but no jack...

> ... and doesn't have a network connection ....

For some number of boots, this is inevitable.

> I use stuff not on the CD in live sessions all the time and unless you are
> networkless it's not a problem at all.

Networkless happens, sometimes intentionally.

> Do keep in mind that the CD is full and so anything that goes on, means
> something else comes off.  Balancing the interests of a diverse group of
> users in what goes on the CD is a continuing challenge.

This isn't the first time here mc has been deemed dispensible. This is why I
have deemed all live Ubuntu CDs dispensible. Broken networking and broken X
happen. I'm not wasting my time driving a car with no jack, and having to
hitch a ride back for another car on those infrequent occasions when I do get
a flat. I just start with a car smart enough to include the jack, like
Knoppix, and recommend others do the same.
--
"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and
slow to become angry."		James 1:19 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/