Midnight Commander in 8.10

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed Oct 29 12:36:34 UTC 2008

On 2008/10/29 11:56 (GMT+0200) Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) composed:

> Also, as useful as mc is, it's only useful to a small amount of users,
> and will waste precious space on the Ubuntu release discs. mc is
> incredibly easy to install and it's not a big download, so I doubt it
> will be an issue for anyone who wants to use it.

Anyone who wants to use it on a live Ubuntu CD is dead. To that small amount
of users that know and use it, it's indispensible, and thus to such users who
install only to find broken X and/or networking, they're stuck with another
dead end. Leaving mc off the CD is like equipping a new car with the usual
spare tire, but no jack. Get a flat out in the boonies at night, and getting
that missing jack is less than "incredibly easy", unless what displaced it on
the CD is a larger automatic jack delivery service or automatic lift.
--
"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and
slow to become angry."		James 1:19 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/