Proposal for apt install-recommends settings

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:41:23 UTC 2008

Hi all,
  I am also in the favor of having recommends removed or switched off.
 I saw the /etc/apt/apt.conf.d but that is a diretory. Kindly tell
what as a user am I supposed to do that in the directory.

As far as aptitude is concerned, yes it duplicates what apt-get does
but it also does what apt-cache does as well . So functioning of both
the tools can be done by one CLI .

There is one command which I know in aptitude which I haven't seen in
the manual of apt-get

That's sudo aptitude safe-upgrade which is good.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17