poor performance hard disk IDE

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Mon Oct 27 19:25:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 17:43:37 +0100
"Stefano Doni" <stefano.doni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I can confirm this.
>
> Check out this bug I opened regarding Intrepid, but unfortunately it
> seems that no one has looked at it yet:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/285595
>
> Problem exists since Hardy, Gutsy IO bandwidth performance was
> *double* (measured, not feels).
>
> 2008/10/18 shirish <shirishag75 at gmail.com>
>
> > Hi all,
> >  There is a bug regardig poor performance hard disk IDE which has
> > been filed a year back
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/96693
> > . The bug seems to be still relevant as my experience shows
> >

> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/96693/comments/42
> >
> > Can somebody see any issue with my reasoning or anything please
> > lemme know. --
> >          Regards,
> >          Shirish Agarwal
> >  This email is licensed under
> > http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
> >
> > 065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17

When I read this bug, bug #285595, it appears to be filed against
Hardy? Please give more information in the bug report, such as what
version of Ubuntu, if it is intrepid, which ISO image.

Also, take a look at Debugging Procedures,
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProcedures
and see if any attachments are needed. The more information given, the
better chance the bug gets worked.

--
Charlie Kravetz                         [http://teamcharliesangels.com]
Linux Registered User Number 425914     [http://counter.li.org/]