Boot times,services and packages

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 17:30:23 UTC 2008

Reply in-line :-

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 22:43, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 16:55 +0530, shirish wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>        There are three services which on my system which just take
>> cycles other than doing anything. (or so I believe)
>>
>> a. nvidia-kernel (no nvidia card so useless)
>> b. bluetooth (no support for bluetooth in the motherboard, so useless again)
>> c. laptop-mode ( this is a desktop, although do have a UPS)
>
> I've asked about Bluetooth on a non-bluetooth mobo before, and it was
> pointed out that since you can have a Bluetooth USB dongle, getting rid
> of the computer's ability to notice that you plugged one in might not be
> a good thing.

Hi Mackenzie,
 Thank you for getting back to me on this. That's understandable,
although very unlikely if I may say so. In the same way I could
understand about nvidia-kernel, but laptop-mode (laptop-mode-tools
package) , any idea?

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17