Bug madness: High frequency of load/unload cycles

(=?iso-8859-1?q?=60=60-=5F-=B4=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Thu Oct 16 14:26:20 UTC 2008

Olá Vincenzo e a todos.

On Thursday 16 October 2008 12:04:35 Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:
> Il giorno Mon, 12 May 2008 23:14:33 +0200
> Milan Bouchet-Valat <nalimilan at club.fr> ha scritto:
>
> > But it has not fixed all issues. And it appears to cause some HD to
> > heat, which can possibly be dangerous. But this may just be an
> > illusion.
>

> This is not an illusion: my laptop hangs after a couple of hours of work if I set the disk that way.

Eversince hdparm changed it default value to 254/255 my disk is much hotter.
I tried different values for it, but anything bellow 127 makes my disk start to many times.

I have records on my syslog of HD temp every 10 minutes, if anyone is interested in checking.
--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net