Proposition: blacklist ath_hal and ath_pci

DULMANDAKH Sukhbaatar dulmandakh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 04:57:23 UTC 2008

> Hello. Yesterday I installed Intrepid Ibex from liveCD. At first my
> atheros wifi didn't work. With lsmod I saw that both ath_pci and ath5k
> were loaded and probably fighting for the device. I blacklisted ath_hal
> and ath_pci. Since then my card works. Here is its lspci:

I had same problem a week ago. But I blacklisted ath5k because it
doesn't support AP mode. I didn't tried whether wireless will work
properly if both of them loaded because that machine was acting as a
only network access in my office. Tomorrow I'll have brand new linksys
wireless router that will replace current setup, then I'll be able to
test it. Is anyone have such experience?

--
Regards
Dulmandakh