[Fwd: Turn off touchpad while typing]

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Fri Oct 10 11:14:07 UTC 2008

Il giorno ven, 10/10/2008 alle 07.20 +1100, William Grant ha scritto:

> I would *hate* that. A second is a very long time in typing-time. I
> wonder how others feel about it...

Well, after a bit of testing I think 0.3 sec is more than enough :) and
syndaemon should ignore the ALT key (it doesn't seem to me that it's
configurable) because one actually uses alt+tap sometimes to move
windows and that is made impossible by syndaemon.

Moreover, a touchpad configuration tab should be added to the mouse
preferences, in which one can configure wether to use syndaemon or not,
and the delay. Too sensitive touchpads are a problem for many cheap
laptops and syndaemon would increase usability a lot.

Vincenzo